Cookies are made up of portions of code installed in the browser that assist the owner in providing the service according to the purposes described. Some of the purposes of installation of cookies may also require the consent of the user.
Cookies are used on this website and in emails to provide users with the best service and experience. This document describes the categories of cookies this website uses, their purpose and how to change your preference.
Which cookies do we use?
The cookies we use allow us to recognize users who come back to visit the site and their data; like that they won’t have to insert more than once the same information. In addition, they allow us to analyze traffic patterns of users who visit our website in order to improve the site’s usability.
Following you can find some of kinds of cookies used on BeyondTheSeaBB.it:
It could happen that this sort of cookies are used to allow the users to use the required services through the website. Without these cookies, it would not be possible to provide the required services.
For example, technical cookies can be used for:
- Allow users to access secure areas of our website without having to constantly login
- Remind any actions performed by the user (for example, completing a form) when you return to the previous page of a session
The analytics cookies may be used to obtain information on the use of the website, the advertisements and emails and to notify us of any errors. Furthermore, these cookies allow us to obtain detailed technical information, such as the last page that has been visited, the number of pages visited, if an email was opened, which parts of the website or emails are clicked by users and the time elapsed between a click and another. This information may be associated with user details such as IP address, domain or browser; however, they are analyzed together with other people’s information so that it is almost impossible to identify a particular user to the other.
For example, these cookies may be used on BeyondTheSeaBB.it:
- To analyze and improve the performance and design of our website, our advertising and the mail
- To quantify the acceptance of our advertisements and improve its effectiveness
- To identify errors that occur on our website and provide better service and also to handle some complaints
Detecting cookies of other sites may be sent to your device from the web sites of our partners. These cookies are used to determine when the partners redirect a user to our website and if that user proceeds to the purchase of a product or service. The information may be shared with our partners on a anonymous way, in order not to identify a particular user.
In addition, this information is provided in accordance with our contractual obligations with partners to help them improve the effectiveness of their sites.
These cookies are not basic, but they may allow you to use several useful functions on BeyondTheSeaBB.it. For example, they could be used to:
- Remember the preferences selected by the user during previous visits, such as country / language, interests and presentation of the website (layout, font size, color and so on). In this way, the user will not have to re-enter this information
- Remember the answers to questions on our website, for example, participation in surveys on customer satisfaction, so it is offered again to the user
- Determine if a service has already been proposed to the user, for example offering assistance online in real time
- Provide information that allows some optional services to be fulfilled, such as watching a video online or post a comment on a blog
Targeting or promotional cookies
These cookies can be used on our website to publish tailored advertisements to your interests. Promotional cookies allow to obtain detailed information on the navigation of our website by the users (for example, products or services that a specific person seems to like more). In addition, it allows us to recognize a user who returns to visit our website and / or a site which forms part of the network of one of our promotional partners.
When someone uses our web site, it could happen that he may store some unchecked cookies. This happens, for example, if the user visits a page that has contents of a third-party website. As a result, the user will receive cookies from these third-party services. Cookies do not contain personal information, unless the user has logged in to the account.
For example, third-party cookies may be caused by:
- Google Tag manager
- Google Adwords
- Facebook connect
- Facebook ads
How to change your settings on cookies
Most browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, to stop the acceptance of cookies or to receive a warning messages before a cookie is stored.
What happens if you turn off cookies?
However, if you stop or erase cookies, it might be impossible to restore any preferences or customization settings you previously specified, and our ability to customize the user experience will be limited.